Cannot change primary group

@Spectral- Last I checked as an admin you can't change your own group. You'd have to create another admin account and do it that way. THOUGH I do believe there was something implemented to make an account a root admin account to prevent people from stealing sites but that could still be a work in progress on the IPS side.

But I can change my groups, I just don't have any other options in primary to switch it to something else so it shows a different group rather than "Administrator" when I post things.

Ok, I was able to login with the account I created when installing the forums and was able to change my main accounts group. Thank you for the tip.

10 hours ago, Spectral- said:

But I can change my groups, I just don't have any other options in primary to switch it to something else so it shows a different group rather than "Administrator" when I post things.

You can have only one primary group per member. 

Specifically, in order to prevent you from locking yourself out of the AdminCP, you can't demote yourself from being an admin. You can move yourself into a different admin group if you have any (they must have the same level of restrictions - not greater or lesser than you have), and admins that have permission to demote other admins can do so, but you can't edit your own account in a way that would affect your admin restrictions.