Member Map

Good evening Stoo, I have looked through all 50 pages and there has been a mention here and there about whether it is possible to add a members location by a custom profile field. If it is possible how would it be possible to achieve this. I am not a programmer but I can follow instructions well. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

The way that would make the most sense to me, would be to hook into the profile to take the text entered, run it through the geocoder and store it in the database. That however may not mean a thing to you!.

I want to include this with the next version, but I'm not 100% when that will be.

I just uploaded all the files, installed via ACP, but cannot find where to place the API. Can someone help? Thanks

In your AdminCP goto:

System Settings > Member Map > General Configuration
  • 2 weeks later...

I also had the problem with V3 (mentioned by ceaseriet) and loaded V2 with the warning that V2 was going to be deprecated.

Whilst on V3 I changed the key, hence the obsolete key in the attach (the red arrows just to cover my info) . What is puzzling is the warning about the "active untill 12th "

I guess I'll find out tomorrow

• 1 month later...

I just installed this addon. When I try to access the map, however, I get the following error:

[#1901]

You do not have permission to view the member map

I can't find any permissions in the settings that were installed that would affect user groups.

Thanks!

I'm still having some issues with the map. I have the Google Maps v2 API activated and the key entered. When I go to view the map, however, nothing displays. We're running IP.Board 3.3.2.

post-362243-0-21658900-1341768431_thumb.

I've tested the following OS/browser configurations:
Mac OS X 10.5.8: TenFourFox 10.0.0.3, Safari 5.0.6
Mac OS X 10.6.8: Firefox 13.0.1, Safari 5.1.7
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Firefox 13.0.1 Chrome 20.1132.47 m

I'm still having some issues with the map. I have the Google Maps v2 API activated and the key entered. When I go to view the map, however, nothing displays. We're running IP.Board 3.3.2.

post-362243-0-21658900-1341768431_thumb.

I've tested the following OS/browser configurations:

Mac OS X 10.5.8: TenFourFox 10.0.0.3, Safari 5.0.6

Mac OS X 10.6.8: Firefox 13.0.1, Safari 5.1.7

Windows 7 Pro SP1: Firefox 13.0.1 Chrome 20.1132.47 m

That's interesting, can you send me your URL please.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I'd just have a question : does this use much resources ? :smile:

Thanks a lot !

Like with many things, if you add a lot of data to it, it will use more resources. There is an issue when you reach 1000+ markers, but it's not that common to have that many markers, even if you have way more members. It is going to be improved at some point though, I'm still testing various methods to improve this.