Importing MediaWiki into Pages

YouChew

Hello,

I'm migrating my website to the IPS suite and was wondering if there were any scripts that could assist with the title inquiry. I'm aware that there's a markup and infoboxes plugin, but a fully-fledged importer would really be a lifesaver. Any direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I once converted a MediaWiki database and did it all manually, article after article. Not just because there was no importer, but also because the system of using Pages custom fields instead of forcing content and structure into one field can have lots of benefits. So that might be something to consider. 

2 hours ago, opentype said:

I once converted a MediaWiki database and did it all manually, article after article. Not just because there was no importer, but also because the system of using Pages custom fields instead of forcing content and structure into one field can have lots of benefits. So that might be something to consider. 

I was looking into building my own and ran into this problem immediately. Unfortunately I do think it'd have to be an entire manual operation. Thanks for the advice friends.

Archived