Searching Users Devices

TDBF

9 hours ago, bfarber said:

No, but can you explain what you are after? Like, if you searched for "firefox" what good would that do for you?

If you view a member, you can click on the device and see all users who logged in with that device if you want.

I have a member who was banned, but still manages to register new accounts because his IP address is a dynamic IP v6 address. However, his uagent_key, uagent_browser and uagent_version are always the same. If I was able to search for these it would narrow the possible candidates and help me weed him out. The problem, doing this one member at a time is time consuming and tedious.

I would like the ability to find a member by device, rather than a device by member.

6 hours ago, TDBF said:

I have a member who was banned, but still manages to register new accounts because his IP address is a dynamic IP v6 address. However, his uagent_key, uagent_browser and uagent_version are always the same. If I was able to search for these it would narrow the possible candidates and help me weed him out. The problem, doing this one member at a time is time consuming and tedious.

I would like the ability to find a member by device, rather than a device by member.

Devices are stored in cookies. If the user clean them, they will be able to register the account. I developed a resource that could ban resources but it wasn’t approved in marketplace due to that.

18 hours ago, bfarber said:

Wouldn't more than one person have "Chrome v76" or "Firefox v53" or whatever though?

Anyways, at present there's no way to view all accounts using a specific browser through the admin interface.

If you add all the information together, like the first 64 part of their IPv6 address, location, browser, OS and ISP, then I you get a pretty good indication that they're the same person.

I will probably write one then as it would make life a lot easier when looking for people who are just there to abuse the system.

18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Devices are stored in cookies. If the user clean them, they will be able to register the account. I developed a resource that could ban resources but it wasn’t approved in marketplace due to that.

I know 🙂

I am in the process of doing something the same, and most likely will not be allowed in the MP.

This person is causing a lot of negativity on the forum. He is a supporter of a rival football team and uses our platform to do nothing more than troll and stir things up with our members.

Archived