Get a list of new topics

Sledge FTB

Hi all and happy new year.

This is a kind of 'ask for a friend' post 😉, as it has nothing to do with my own server, but any help would be awesome!

Thing is, I'm member on a site running IPS. Their (fancy) forum template does not support fluid layout. They choose to use a zillion sub and subsubboards. It does keep the topics organised, but it isn't helping 'reading' the site. My main interest are the new topics and opening posts, I can't really care about the majority of the replies.

Is there a way to request topic-list or unread list, sorted on topic start dates (desc), without me opening and closing subboard per subboard? The unread/activity/stream pages seem to render per replies only. I tried to squeeze in a manual "fluid layout" cookie, but without luck. Tried adding "?sortby=start_date&sortdirection=desc" to several URLs, but without luck.

Who has a bright idea?

On 1/6/2020 at 7:49 AM, Sledge FTB said:

Is there a way to request topic-list or unread list, sorted on topic start dates (desc), without me opening and closing subboard per subboard?

The only way to do what you want without a 3rd-party resource is add the Topic feed widget (ordered by start date) in a page you want, in the horizontal mode. You will get a list of X latest topics like a forum view and it won’t get updated when people reply. 

Archived