Custom Profile (Support)

Set custom profile urls or profile pictures. With the option to disable direct access to the internal profile.

Features

• Set a custom profile url to override the internal profile page.
  • Option to disable direct access to the internal profile.
  • Set a custom profile picture url.
  • Quick tags for loading custom profile data like member name, member email and member id.
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Yes

Re5o1aJ.png

2TeCfzU.png

No redirect in place, it is modifying the user link directly.

Ok thanks. The only issue I see is that any current indexed or linked profile pages will become bad links with no redirect. It’s fine if you are just starting a community, but if you have been online for years may be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Ok thanks. The only issue I see is that any current indexed or linked profile pages will become bad links with no redirect. It’s fine if you are just starting a community, but if you have been online for years may be an issue.

You can leave the existing profile open or disable access. But I get your point, I've noted adding a "redirect" option in a future update.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 12:33 AM, darksedo said:

I'm interested in this but yes would be great with the redirect feature, also do you have something like this for the posts, clubs and forums too

After IPB 4.5 updates are complete, I can revisit this but for now I was focused on just making sure everything worked with IPB 4.5.x.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:33 AM, darksedo said:

Also if i set the url like this will it affect my other urls who have similar pattern?

Other domain or IPB urls? This will only modify username links in IPB.

• 9 months later...