How do I bulk clear my Approval queue?

jwdenzel

I have nearly 7,000 entries in my approval queue. Most of them are very old (5 years+, before I realized the feature existed!) How can I manually clear those out in bulk? I don't want to sit there for hours/days manually clicking each one.

Thoughts?

58 minutes ago, jwdenzel said:

I have nearly 7,000 entries in my approval queue. Most of them are very old (5 years+, before I realized the feature existed!) How can I manually clear those out in bulk? I don't want to sit there for hours/days manually clicking each one.

Thoughts?

Do want them removed if so you can change the period they have to validate the email, or are talking about making them all approved no real way now. 

On 8/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, Pete T said:

Do want them removed if so you can change the period they have to validate the email, or are talking about making them all approved no real way now. 

This is the forum post Approval Queue, not member validation. (See screenshot) I have nearly 7,000 of these comments that have been needing approval since as as far back as 2010. Probably they were posts by people who had previously been put on temporary restriction. 

I don't see a way to bulk approval/delete these, but I'd like to know where in the database they're located. I can experiment with an SQL statement to maybe clear them?

Anybody?

approval_queuue.png

7 hours ago, jwdenzel said:

This is the forum post Approval Queue, not member validation. (See screenshot) I have nearly 7,000 of these comments that have been needing approval since as as far back as 2010. Probably they were posts by people who had previously been put on temporary restriction. 

I don't see a way to bulk approval/delete these, but I'd like to know where in the database they're located. I can experiment with an SQL statement to maybe clear them?

Anybody?

approval_queuue.png

Oh sorry thought talking about sign up, i not seen any bulk tool for posts but i not sure if can be done via using MySQL command have you asked IPS in support topic as might know best method. 

I figured it out.  I had to dig into the MySQL tables. Many the tables (post comments, blog comments, news comments, etc) all have some sort of "Approved" field. Some safe experiments showed you can flip those values and mark things to be hidden. 

99% of my queue was from spam comments on my blog system. I no longer use the blog system so I bulk hid them and now I'm all set.  

Archived