Blog for Groups or Sellected users

Steph Jensen

So i want to make a blog, and let the "Pros" of the niche that that my site is about, post their news, projects, specials etc.

I am pretty sure how to set the blog up, but i am in doubt of how to manage the users who have access to post to it. I have looked into letting a group manage a blog, but i only want them to be able to post in it, not manage it. How should i do this?

Also, is there a cool way for users to apply to get access to post to the blog, or is the only way, to have them contact an admin or moderator, to get access?

I'm afraid the only option at this time would be to create a group blog, which gives everyone the ability to "manage" the blog as you noted.

Alternatively, you could use Pages to create an articles (blog) area of the site, give the specific users in question a new secondary group, and then allow that new secondary group permission to post in the articles/blog area (but everyone else can only read). This would accomplish your end goal without giving the users permission to manage the blog.

There is no special way to "apply" for permission to post. You could allow other groups to post and require pre-moderation of the content in this area, but that's not quite the same thing as what you are talking about.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, Steph Jensen said:

but i only want them to be able to post in it, not manage it. How should i do this?

I have a plugin where you can choose users to be contributors of the blog to create entries only, no matter if it’s a single or a group authors blog.

Send a PM if you’re interested. 

Archived