How To Enable Wincache (or any) BUG?

VladTheGreat

Got a problem, stuck php.ini and php5.ini in my cpanel root with:

"[wincache]
wincache.ocenabled = 1" 

Went to turn cache On back end and presented with greyed out bullet points?

Does it need to be On on the server to be selectable in Admin Panel?

Thanks in advance

Godaddy shared ...(don't hate on me I know how bad it is), Wincache is enabled with the line of code added into a php.ini file (I'll be honest that's my best understanding of this), then saved into the root directory and allowes function server side, but I'm only asking about the option which I can't select in the admin panel of my forum back end, Wincache cannot be selected, the list of cache options (including Wincache which is the one I need) are greyed out so can't be clicked.... anyone know if I'm missing something, why can't I select any cache services in IPS?

You likely need to enable the wincache.ucenabled php.ini setting - you enabled ocenabled per your original post, and I linked you to the ucenabled setting (it's a different setting).

This may or may not resolve the issue for you, however you cannot use user-caching without enabling the setting. Our code that checks if you can use Wincache verifies that the PHP function "wincache_ucache_get" exists, and it is probable that it will not if you have not enabled the feature.

You know, it really doesnt matter now, I realise, because I wouldnt benefit from cache after some consideration as I'm not running a forum as such so it won't improve performance for me.

Shame as this is a rare instance on Godaddy and would be sought after often I'm sure, wont hurt giving the string anyway for others but I'm in no rush now 

Thanks for quick replies

Archived