Error on new install

Kev Collins

Just uploaded and installed 4.4.1 to dev site and get the following errors. It's a new install. I have tried different ftp programs. I thought this was solved back in 4.2.x

Could you give me some pointers how to solve this please.

Thanks,

Kevin.

When going to community

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

and

When trying the admin panel

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

template_store_missing

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

What php version are you using ? If its below php 7.1.x that is very much likely the problem as IPS4.4 *requires* php7.1 otherwise you'll get errors.

If you take a look in the suite root directory you may see an error log file that was generated, typically it would (it can vary but this is a reasonable guide) probably say something along the lines of "Uncaught Error Exception: Class IPS\Request could not be loaded. Ensure it has been properly prefixed with an underscore and is in the correct namespace"

Alternative does your host have Cpanel or suchlike control panel ? Take a look at the error logs in there too. I realise you can edit php.ini to force display of errors but given you're likely to find them 'filed away' anyway does not seem necessary do perform this step. 🙂

Lastly, if you're not sure / above does not help just grab the latest 'get ready' script from here. Upload it, visit it and see if you pass or not. Remember to remove it when done.

from here

Archived