Next Unread Topic

Square Wheels

Wow, I really miss the old way, especially on smaller devices.  I click the link and have no idea what the topic was.  This is going to be really hard to adjust to.

Too bad this wasn't made as an option.  I suspect the vast majority of sites are small and this won't affect us at all.  A few big boards will benefit.

I'll post to see if someone will consider making this as an add on.

53 minutes ago, Large Scale Planes said:

Along with not liking this new change, I'm also experiencing a number of bugs with it. Not only that, but the 'create new bug' facility here appears to be broken, so I can't even report them!

Kev

The bug tracker is only available during beta phases.  

Submit any bugs you find as normal through a support ticket in the Client Area.  

It's also broken, but since there is no bug tracker (as noted above) not sure what to do about it.

If I go to unread topics, I now just blindly click Next Unread Topic, until I get to the end, and it still says Next Unread Topic until I click it and get an error that says there are no unread topics.

It was so much more useful before.

On 3/9/2019 at 7:08 PM, Square Wheels said:

It's also broken, but since there is no bug tracker (as noted above) not sure what to do about it.

If I go to unread topics, I now just blindly click Next Unread Topic, until I get to the end, and it still says Next Unread Topic until I click it and get an error that says there are no unread topics.

It was so much more useful before.

The same happens to me all the time and it's infuriating. After the error message you back out to the main index and it still shows the forum in bold, like there are threads remaining that are unread. Yet, going back into the forum you find no unread threads. The new way of the "next unread topic" sucks. Change it back, please!

Archived