Ban Message

Xenos 1337

On 1/31/2019 at 10:57 AM, bfarber said:

I'm afraid not, although you can use the warn system to ban someone, and include a message for the end user when issuing the warning (which will typically email the user, so at least they can get the message).

Slightly off topic and I apologize - the warning system - is there any way to associate the warning with their post? Some people make dozens or hundreds of posts per day, a warning not associated with the offending post makes it unlikely they'll know which post they were warned for. Also, is there a PM or email generated to the user when they are warned and, if so, can an admin decided which they prefer? Thanks.

TimS

image.png

If you use this option to warn a user for a post, then the post is associated with the warning and will be shown.

Users can choose whether to receive an inline or email notification for warnings. You can specify the default in the AdminCP notification preferences configuration, and disallow users from deviating from the default if you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna bump it again. Yes its possible to warn the people and then ban them but a ban messages would be much better. All forum softwares do have ban messages. Maybe this will get added sometimes in the future or somebody will code a public plugin (which i would buy)..

Archived