Widgets don't shows

Slimer

I have forum in \forum directory and portal app.  www.site/forum/portal/ - shows content and widgets fine.

But I want, that portal opens by url www.site/index.php

Doing index.php like:

$path	= 'forum/';

$_GET['app']		= 'portal';
$_GET['module']		= 'portal';
$_GET['controller']	= 'portal';

require_once $path . 'init.php';

\IPS\Dispatcher\External::i()->run();

But in that case all widgets did not shows, i see only portal content. How to fix it?

2 hours ago, Slimer said:

I have forum in \forum directory and portal app.  www.site/forum/portal/ - shows content and widgets fine.

But I want, that portal opens by url www.site/index.php

Doing index.php like:

$path	= 'forum/';

require_once $path . 'init.php';

\IPS\Dispatcher\External::i()->run();

But in that case all widgets did not shows, i see only portal content. How to fix it?

Is portal free app for ips or pages or different software ? 

8 minutes ago, Pete T said:

Ok so in portal widgets show correct but in forum don't show widget have i got that correct ? if so both portal and forum setup have widget displaying ? as need do widget on app/page bases.

No, my page www.site/index.php does not understand, that it is a portal page. And in breadcrumbs I see only "Main page"

I guess it's need to set some more settings like

1 minute ago, Slimer said:

No, my page www.site/index.php does not understand, that it is a portal page. And in breadcrumbs I see only "Main page"

I guess it's need to set some more settings like

can provide link so understand but normal need set default app via admin cp.

Just now, Slimer said:

you're thinking the wrong way. Settings in acp no matters, i need set some settings in source code in index.php

i am thinking wrong trust me in admin cp in the applications will list your installed application and there is star showing the one in black is default loading on normal forum as see this screenshot i have pages as my default.

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.2a6dbbb68645227e42caa8527b30ffd0.png

Wrong dispatcher would be my guess. You'd want to use the Front dispatcher, not the External, and initiate the member session with \IPS\Session\Front::i(); before calling the dispatcher run.

Please note, this is only a guess, and is untested, but it makes logical sense that using the external dispatcher like this would cause widgets to go awry.

11 minutes ago, Slimer said:

If I set portal default here, that it will open on www.site/forum/ page, but I need www.site page. Read the first message carefully.

that would be correct if your suite as /forum but if installed your suite in / <--- the root your portal would be /portal or your forum would /forum etc etc 

39 minutes ago, Marcher Technologies said:

You'd want to use the Front dispatcher, not the External, and initiate the member session with \IPS\Session\Front::i(); before calling the dispatcher run.

Not working too :(

36 minutes ago, Pete T said:

that would be correct if your suite as /forum but if installed your suite in / <--- the root your portal would be /portal or your forum would /forum etc etc 

but forum already in \forum dir. Must be another way.

6 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Not working too :(

but forum already in \forum dir. Must be another way.

correct in way setup your site so if view topic at moment you have /forum/forums/topic or if did view portal correct way /forums/portal i bet display widgets correctly not sure why have /forum where main install is if wanted portal as main landing page unless had wordpress setup before hand.

Archived