could we PLEASE get rid of....

LiquidFractal

...."Applications not currently installed"?

I mean, I still have Chat listed there...my understanding is that you can click the Install button and simply replace them, but, well, what's the point?  If you uninstalled apps then it was for a reason, and you can always reinstall from your HD or download from the site.  I see no point of retaining them in one-click installable form on one's website - especially since they will almost certainly be old and useless versions anyway (cf. Chat).

So why not just get rid of this and the needless (albeit minimal) storage it demands?  Besides...IMHO it looks messy.  Just my two cents. 🙂

14 hours ago, Rhett said:

If you are showing any applications not installed, you would just need to delete the folders for those items from your /applications folder to remove them. 

Thanks Rhett...it's good to know there's a way of removing them entirely.  The downside of this is that if some applications are cryptically named (as some of them are) it can be very difficult for those of us with less tech savvy to locate them in the /applications folder.  So it would be nice to have a "Delete Permanently" option (if not get rid of the list entirely), but at least there's a workaround.

25 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

could they be moved to a specific deleted / deprecated folder on the server.

Sure /dev/null looks like a promising spot! 

4 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

The downside of this is that if some applications are cryptically named (as some of them are) it can be very difficult for those of us with less tech savvy to locate them in the /applications folder. 

IPS could simply add the app key / folder name to the ACP so it's more easily identifiable.

40 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

could they be moved to a specific deleted / deprecated folder on the server.

19 hours ago, Rhett said:

If you are showing any applications not installed, you would just need to delete the folders for those items from your /applications folder to remove them. 

I'm not sure how much simpler it could be, if your having trouble please submit a ticket and we can walk you through it if needed.

Blog = blog
Calendar = calendar
(3.4 name/4.x name) Ip.Content/Pages = cms
Converter = convert
IPS Core = core
Downloads = downloads
Forums = forums
Gallery - gallery
(3.4 name/4.x name) Nexus/Commerce = nexus

Most all third party names are the same as the app name or really close, so it's easy to see/identify. 

Archived