Save reinstall with database import

Phil7789

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me out. When changing my server I copied the entire community (tar of all folders and files) and the database to the new server. I am not sure if this didn't break some stuff, as e.g. I do not get any more update notifications on the community (the black or red bar above the content or the hint in the ACP) only an e-mail notification. I alway have to go to the support section and select "something isn't working correctly" to be able to upgrade in the ACP.

So my question now is: Is it a save way to just delete all the files and folders (except uploads for images etc, backing up and re-uploading afterwards). Upload a fresh installation. Install all applications and plugins. Then import the saved database? Or will this break something else?

Thanks for any help

Phil

I alway have to go to the support section and select "something isn't working correctly" to be able to upgrade in the ACP.

Are you seeing "Apply Patch" or are you actually seeing that you're behind in upgrades? You will not receive a warning on the front-end or ACP Dashboard for patches as these are only supposed to be applied if you're encountering an issue.

If these are indeed upgrades (not patches), I would not recommend what you are stating but rather the next time you encounter this submit a support ticket.

Should be upgrades, right now I am running the current version. But when I compared my demo site with my live site I got the notification bar in the front end + ACP on the demo site only.

In the past I submitted a ticket (ID #996816) where I got the hint that my security key of the cronjob is the same for live and demo (I am / was using the exact same copy to be sure to have everything set up accordingly). So my guess is that I have to re-install as I do not use the demo site right now, but I still do not get any notifications and maybe need a new key for the cron, which is created (from my understanding) unique for every installation.

Thanks for quick reply.

Archived