Contact form

Riccardo

Hello Everybody!
Sometimes I receive email from Guests sent from Contact Form with a wrong email address... because the form does not check if it's correct or not.

If a user write accidentally a wrong email address..I cannot answer to his request 😄

Is it possibile to add an  "email validation"  in this form?

The only sensible idea I have for this suggestion is to have an additional field with a 'Confirm Email Address' to ensure it matches the first one entered, so the form (using here as an example) would read:

To (Dropdown choice etc)

Name:

Email Address:

Confirm Email Address:

That might be a sensible and acceptable compromise without making the form too cluttered or unwieldy for someone to fill in. 🙂

1 hour ago, AndyF said:

The only sensible idea I have for this suggestion is to have an additional field with a 'Confirm Email Address' to ensure it matches the first one entered, so the form (using here as an example) would read:

To (Dropdown choice etc)

Name:

Email Address:

Confirm Email Address:

That might be a sensible and acceptable compromise without making the form too cluttered or unwieldy for someone to fill in. 🙂

I totally agree with you :)

We validate that the email address is in a valid format, but it's not really feasible to validate that the email address a user provides is "correct". We could add a confirm field, but...I don't know about you, however 99% of the time when I run into one of those I just copy the email address I supplied first and paste it into the confirm field, so it rarely helps. :laugh:

I did think about the copy/paste effect, then thought about some js perhaps (not my area really) to prevent it accepting pasted content in the confirm input box*** but that may annoy the user filling in the page and/or be more bother than gain... :smile:

*** Just the 'confirm' box should have it disabled , rather than the initial one.

I think that is more importat to have a correct email address to answer to instead of a wrong one! So I think It's better to fill by hand the "verification" field in order to be sure he will be re-contacted..
In many contact forms I used there were no possibily to paste a text.
what's the problem with this..
If a user doesn't spend 10 seconds re-writing his email address..probably is not interested in an answer..

Archived