Comics ( Support Topic )

Hello,
Very good application with a bright future! ^^
However I will buy it when it has improved!
It is missing I find some indispensable feature like:
Pagination
An image size that automatically adjusts to the height of our screen
The possibility of adding a Synopsis if you wish
Not essential but to be able to group Albums in the same playlist would be perfect (One playlist per work)

What are the next changes you plan to make?

Does it have a DMCA takedown button for the inevitable requests people will get when their users start uploading illegal content? 😆

I know I'm being facetious with that statement, but really - there should be a way for people to report inappropriate content/copyright issues to the site owner or Mods and remove the content until reviewed.

6 hours ago, Julien Costes said:

It is missing I find some indispensable feature like:
Pagination

with pagination it would refresh the pages each time etc, the way it is now it don't need a page refresh / change, I could look into other ways to display them though

An image size that automatically adjusts to the height of our screen

I can check that out too

The possibility of adding a Synopsis if you wish

yeah a description will be in the next update

What are the next changes you plan to make?

normally I wait to hear feedback and then go from there, most of my apps get updated with requests

2 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

Does it have a DMCA takedown button for the inevitable requests people will get when their users start uploading illegal content? 😆

there is not but I could add something like that to it

2 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

I know I'm being facetious with that statement, but really - there should be a way for people to report inappropriate content/copyright issues to the site owner or Mods and remove the content until reviewed.

members can report comics etc so if they are signed in they will see a report comic link where they can send through a report to admins / mods and it will show up in the ModCP, also you can make it so all uploads require approval so if someone uploads a comic it will be hidden until approved by a moderator

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah !!  Thx for " Added the ability for members to add a description to the comics " ! :smile:

"An image size that automatically adjusts to the height of our screen"  is really for me the last feature that keeps me from buying your application,I can not wait for you to add this function! *0*
Otherwise, looking at the demo again, I realize that you can not turn the pages with the arrow keys.
To simplify the navigation, use all the heights to the right to turn the next page and the same to the left for the previous one would be more practical than just the small icon ^^

Thx for your Work !

9 hours ago, Julien Costes said:

Otherwise, looking at the demo again, I realize that you can not turn the pages with the arrow keys.

The arrows work fine, it uses the IPS carousel feature to scroll through them, you can also swipe left & right if you are using mobile or touchscreen devices

9 hours ago, Julien Costes said:

"An image size that automatically adjusts to the height of our screen"  is really for me the last feature that keeps me from buying your application,I can not wait for you to add this function! *0*

There is a pop up function for 1.0.2 what will change to the height of the screen for the device they are on

olaIOMO.png

Once I have finished the other updates I am working on I will look into this one again, the design this application has was designed for the person I made the application for, they wanted the 3 buttons to change the size of the comics etc, but if anything I can just copy the app and then divide it between the original for the user who paid me to create it, then I will have a different one for this website, then it won't matter what is added / changed.

There will also be the ability to sell comics in a update ( maybe 1.0.2 ) don't know if that interests you or not

Hi,

The only thing this is missing for me is the ability to create collections. Categories are great for organizing them into genre's but it would also be great to be able to put the comics into Collections.

When viewing a comic it could show some where on the page that it is part of a collection, if you click on the collection name it would show all the other comics in it. An easy way to group a comic series together. A group of issues, etc.

1 minute ago, MajorCyto said:

Hi,

The only thing this is missing for me is the ability to create collections. Categories are great for organizing them into genre's but it would also be great to be able to put the comics into Collections.

When viewing a comic it could show some where on the page that it is part of a collection, if you click on the collection name it would show all the other comics in it. An easy way to group a comic series together. A group of issues, etc.

You could always change the name of categories to collections in the ACP then it would be basically the same thing, I could look into a widget to add on the page what will show all / a set amount of comics in the category / collection on that page

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...