IPB 4.3.3 to 4.3.5 - Should I upgrade ?

Surendra.S

Hi All,

I am currently on IPB 4.3.3

Should I upgrade to IPB 4.3.5

Anyone done the upgrade and faced any problems during upgrade ? or is it straight-forward ?

My only doubt is that IPB 4.3.5 was released just 3 days back (8th August) and so should I wait till any upgrade problems reported ?

2 hours ago, Surendra.S said:

Hi All,

I am currently on IPB 4.3.3

Should I upgrade to IPB 4.3.5

Anyone done the upgrade and faced any problems during upgrade ? or is it straight-forward ?

My only doubt is that IPB 4.3.5 was released just 3 days back (8th August) and so should I wait till any upgrade problems reported ?

Personally I think that it is best to always keep up to date. And not only with the forum, but with all the other stuff that you have running in your server. Latest versions always fix security issues, if any, and iron out all known reported bugs.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:21 PM, dragonfly411 said:

I got an error that InnoDB only supports one FULLTEXT index per table. Had to manually delete the "index_title" index in ipb_core_search_index to continue.

Running MySQL 5.7.23

not sure about that.

I did not get any such error in my upgrade and completed successfully.

21 hours ago, Joel R said:

For any errors during upgrades, you should report in a support ticket directly to IPS.  

It should be a fairly stable upgrade.  

Understand that but I couldn't wait 1 day for a reply. Posted it here in case other people would have the same issue.

Archived