Editor icons / dark theme

Heosforo

Hello folks,
I'm a little confused here (maybe this is more for designers)

I'm about to finish a dark theme, but, how to deal with this ugly thing? --> icons_hidpi ?

Please, any trick?

I've uploaded it here, but that's not the idea:
applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/skins/ips/
I hope I don't have to install another editor ?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

Since the sprite map for CKEditor is a .png file, you'll need to make a dark version that coordinates with your theme and ensure the path points to the "dark version" for that theme.

You will probably have to figure out a way for the CKEditor to use an alternate theme (your "dark theme") when using the IPS "dark theme" you are creating.

In config.js for the CKEditor, you can specify a path to the theme being used - I wonder if you could use a variable (that would have the IPS skin ID or similar) to change it dynamically when the theme is changed? (just thinking out loud; not much experience with CKEditor inside IPS and how they've integrated it)

Just now, steve00 said:

Did you read what that stated ''You can obtain new skins from CKEditors website'

So you look for a dark theme (make sure it is compatible as stated)

Yeah, but how would the editor know to switch the CKEditor theme to an alternate one that visually was compatible with his dark IPS theme?

10 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Did you read what that stated ''You can obtain new skins from CKEditors website'

So you look for a dark theme (make sure it is compatible as stated)

"I hope I don't have to install another editor" ?

11 minutes ago, Joy Rex said:

Since the sprite map for CKEditor is a .png file, you'll need to make a dark version that coordinates with your theme and ensure the path points to the "dark version" for that theme.

You will probably have to figure out a way for the CKEditor to use an alternate theme (your "dark theme") when using the IPS "dark theme" you are creating.

In config.js for the CKEditor, you can specify a path to the theme being used - I wonder if you could use a variable (that would have the IPS skin ID or similar) to change it dynamically when the theme is changed? (just thinking out loud; not much experience with CKEditor inside IPS and how they've integrated it)

Yeah, but how would the editor know to switch the CKEditor theme to an alternate one that visually was compatible with his dark IPS theme?

I think something like this was done in the previous version to add css, we have to wait for some guru to help us ?

18 hours ago, Heosforo said:

"I hope I don't have to install another editor" ?

I think something like this was done in the previous version to add css, we have to wait for some guru to help us ?

Why install another editor ... you are installing a theme NOT AN EDITOR

Archived