Enable Spell Checking for CKE

eskaiter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Rüdiger01 said:

And how did you do this?

Its usually (these days at least) built into the browser or available as an add-on. I remember years back there was something you could add to php to do it (phpspell?) , I'm not really aware if that is still used/updated given modern browsers abilities. :smile:

See attached pic of part of my reply anyway.

What browser are you using ? There should be something to enable spell checking with it I'd expect. Here is the Firefox one:

ff_spelling.png.3f076ceb821bf8463f3a4bc092dfb481.png

• 3 months later...

Tagging on to this discussion, I have come across a possible way to enable spell checker natively in ck editor, but I am not sure where to find this at, I am hunting and pecking now to find where the file is in order to make this change and see if it works.

Here is the link https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor4/latest/guide/dev_spellcheck.html

What I need to do is change from true to false by

config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false;

Update

line 364 in applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor.js looked promising, I made the suggested change but I did not notice any difference as I typed mispelled words in my editor.  I disabled spell check in Firefox and as I typed the redline did not appear as seemed promising by the above change. But it's a starting point.

My thoughts on this is its best to allow the browser spell check to deal with it usually, as nearly all browsers will have something available in a variety of languages to suit and it likely means they will probably be updated more frequently than the editor.

Have a vague recollection of php_spell module too but I've not even looked to see if that still exists.

Archived