Targetting a category in Downloads for CSS

Meddysong

Unfortunately for me, Downloads doesn't appear to allow admins to specify that a category is a container, which is what I would like to have, so that my related sorts of Downloads (Official Documentation, Educational Material etc) are all placed under the same umbrella.

I don't have any intention of uploading to the parent category itself; I just want to treat it as a container which displays a feed of the latest files in its subcategories. The page, unfortunately, has a great big message on it which I don't want to be there. I see this:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.8d287f6e032d4b00954bc4c243500709.jpg

People without uploading permissions see this:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.e08ee2bb9e906d8f4934b163477c11ad.jpg

I think the solution is going to be to apply

.cDownloadsCategoryTable {display: none;}

in my custom CSS but that will, of course, apply it to all pages indiscriminately. What I need to do is target this particular page. I know that its ID is 17 but I can't see anything to target in the HTML. The body tag is rather generic:

data-pageApp='downloads' data-pageLocation='front' data-pageModule='downloads' data-pageController='browse'

I can see that the only thing carrying a unique identifier for this category is the Follow button. But I'm not sure I could target .cDownloadsCategoryTable based on this because it falls outside of the div selection under the target:

<div class="ipsPageHeader ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_bottom">
	<h1 class="ipsType_pageTitle">Esperanto Association of Britain</h1>
	<div class='ipsPos_right ipsResponsive_noFloat ipsResponsive_hidePhone'>
		<div data-controller='core.front.core.followButton' data-followapp='downloads' data-followarea='category' data-followid='17'> <!-- There's the target! -->
			<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_blendLinks ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsResponsive_inline'><i class='fa fa-info-circle'></i> <a href='https://suite.esperanto.org.uk/login/' title='Go to the sign in page'>Sign in to follow this</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
			<div class="ipsFollow ipsPos_middle ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_disabled" data-role="followButton">
				<span>Followers</span> <span class='ipsCommentCount'>0</span>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div><br>
	<a class='ipsButton ipsButton_fullWidth ipsButton_light ipsButton_small ipsResponsive_block ipsResponsive_hideDesktop' data-ipsmenu="" href='#elDownloadsCategories_menu' id='elDownloadsCategories'>Sub Category &nbsp;<i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i></a>
	<div class='ipsPageHeader_info ipsType_normal'>
		<p>Downloads from EAB, including its magazines and official documentation</p>
	</div>
</div>
<div data-controller='downloads.front.downloads.browse'>
	<ul class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_auto ipsHide' id='elDownloadsCategories_menu'>
		<li class='ipsMenu_item'>
			<a href='xxx/files/category/9-update/'><span class="ipsMenu_itemCount">81</span>Update</a>
		</li>
			<a href='xxx/files/category/10-la-brita-esperantisto/'><span class="ipsMenu_itemCount">4</span>La Brita Esperantisto</a>
		</li>
			<a href='xxx/files/category/11-official-documentation/'><span class="ipsMenu_itemCount">19</span>Official Documentation</a>
		</li>
	</ul>
	<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_both"></ul>
	<div class='ipsBox cDownloadsCategoryTable'><!-- Here's the bit I want to hide -->
		<div class='ipsType_center ipsPad'>
			<p class='ipsType_large'>No files in this category yet.</p>
		</div>
	</div>
	<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsResponsive_showPhone ipsResponsive_block ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_top"></ul>
</div>

So, two things really:

1) Have I got it right that it's not possible to use a category purely as a container in Downloads? If I'm wrong, where is the setting to do so?

2) How would I target the class .cDownloadsCategoryTable specifically for the Downloads category which has the identity 17?

Archived