yeah, Calendar...

LiquidFractal

Ok, so maybe Calendar isn't the sexist module and topic of conversation, but I think it needs some lovin' and I have some good (I hope) ideas to improve it:

1. the ability to add custom blocks to individual Calendar pages: right now, if you add, say, a custom text block to a Calendar, it shows up on every calendar viewed.  I have a Tutor Availability Calendar and I want an information block stating that it's a rough guide only, all dates and times are in Melbourne, Australia timezone, etc. etc.  Well and good, but this block appears on every calendar page (including Clubs Calendars! :blink:) when it ideally should only be viewable when users are viewing the Tutor Availability Calendar (and not, say, the Community Calendar).  Not even with Kevin Carwile's mighty Advanced Path Aliases app might I do this thing, ye gods...

2. How about the ability to post an event across multiple calendars at once?

3. I've said this before, but how about the ability to prune events in a given time period, e.g. the month of April, from March 14-April 7, etc?  the ability to drag and drop events (individual or events over several days) to different times to copy/move them would also be pretty sweet.

4. When you click Create Event, if the default start time is supposed to be 12am of the day you're on, then I'm not sure the app syncs with the server time.  Example: I'm on Melbourne Australia time, which right now is 25 May 2018 7:20am.  I click Create Event, and the default time is 24 May 12am (although, fun fact: when you click the Start date field to get the little pop-up calendar, that calendar does show the current day (25) according to my server time, which is set to Melbourne).  Not a really big deal, but thought I'd point it out.

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 5:21 PM, liquidfractal said:

Ok, so maybe Calendar isn't the sexist module and topic of conversation, but I think it needs some lovin' and I have some good (I hope) ideas to improve it:

1. the ability to add custom blocks to individual Calendar pages: right now, if you add, say, a custom text block to a Calendar, it shows up on every calendar viewed.  I have a Tutor Availability Calendar and I want an information block stating that it's a rough guide only, all dates and times are in Melbourne, Australia timezone, etc. etc.  Well and good, but this block appears on every calendar page (including Clubs Calendars! :blink:) when it ideally should only be viewable when users are viewing the Tutor Availability Calendar (and not, say, the Community Calendar).  Not even with Kevin Carwile's mighty Advanced Path Aliases app might I do this thing, ye gods...

2. How about the ability to post an event across multiple calendars at once?

3. I've said this before, but how about the ability to prune events in a given time period, e.g. the month of April, from March 14-April 7, etc?  the ability to drag and drop events (individual or events over several days) to different times to copy/move them would also be pretty sweet.

4. When you click Create Event, if the default start time is supposed to be 12am of the day you're on, then I'm not sure the app syncs with the server time.  Example: I'm on Melbourne Australia time, which right now is 25 May 2018 7:20am.  I click Create Event, and the default time is 24 May 12am (although, fun fact: when you click the Start date field to get the little pop-up calendar, that calendar does show the current day (25) according to my server time, which is set to Melbourne).  Not a really big deal, but thought I'd point it out.

I'm always looking for some lovin' for the calendar!!

Thanks for the suggestions. 

• 1 year later...

Archived