Jump to content

Community

TAMAN

mdPanel - Material Design IPS Theme [ support topic ]

Recommended Posts

But how do I pull the colors from the original (the good version that I left the window open on)? Besides using the inspector panel to look at CSS, I'm not sure how its done.

To clarify... I have several browser windows open of the theme before the issue. All front end pages, not the back end.

If I create a new version of the theme and open the editor of the new version, how do I relate elements on the front end with the editor on the backend?

Is there a cheat sheet of some sort that describes what relates to what? In teh editor, it'll say something like "Moderated Light Background" but when viewing the CSS class its almost always something entirely different that would be hard to guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superaven said:

To clarify... I have several browser windows open of the theme before the issue. All front end pages, not the back end.

oh, i thought you said that your theme editing pages were open. sorry it cant be done then. I hope IPS can fix the issues for you.

btw do you happen to have similar issues with the default IPS theme by any chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it was just the front end pages. I guess I'm a dummy for not insuring I had a backup or versioning system in place. That said, can you recommend anything beyond manually copying or downloading the theme? 

And no, this issue only affected the active default theme that I was working on. There was a copy of my theme that was a week old that at least got me halfway there. Better than nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superaven said:

Unfortunately it was just the front end pages. I guess I'm a dummy for not insuring I had a backup or versioning system in place. That said, can you recommend anything beyond manually copying or downloading the theme? 

And no, this issue only affected the active default theme that I was working on. There was a copy of my theme that was a week old that at least got me halfway there. Better than nothing.

Unfortunately, downloading the theme as a backup is the only good option 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question... I just posted this to the general forum, but is there a cheat sheet or guide to help a person that is editing theme colors in the admin CP, to know what elements they affect on the front end? Some of the names in the admin CP for frontend colors aren't so obvious and I cant seem to figure out what's what to a lot of these even after setting a loud color and exploring the front end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superaven said:

Another question... I just posted this to the general forum, but is there a cheat sheet or guide to help a person that is editing theme colors in the admin CP, to know what elements they affect on the front end? Some of the names in the admin CP for frontend colors aren't so obvious and I cant seem to figure out what's what to a lot of these even after setting a loud color and exploring the front end.

Not really, there are no cheat sheets. some of the color settings are used throughout the site and could be connected with hundreds of elements. for example Light text, Dark text. 

as for others you can easily tell what it is for by reading the setting text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some examples...

I can see the description on the left is color coded, but no idea what it represents. Data item background: Status, Data item background: Info, Data item background: Warning are all items I haven't been able to locate and thus have not chosen my own colors for. Makes sense that some of these would represent many items, but there's nowhere that sort of clues you in to it? Seems crazy that this would all be a matter of trial and error.

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 11.19.59 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superaven said:

Here's some examples...

I can see the description on the left is color coded, but no idea what it represents. Data item background: Status, Data item background: Info, Data item background: Warning are all items I haven't been able to locate and thus have not chosen my own colors for. Makes sense that some of these would represent many items, but there's nowhere that sort of clues you in to it? Seems crazy that this would all be a matter of trial and error.

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 11.19.59 AM.png

These Data item background colors are all used for data lists in IPS 

For example the data item background: zebra is used on forums data list separating the forum rows with a different background and could be used on many more places all for same purpose.

same as for other data item backgrounds for example if there was an error or a warning...etc

 

the Moderated background colors are used on items you moderate, for example if you hide a topic the topic background becomes the moderated background color and could be used for other moderating options.

 

The highlighted background colors is applied if you enable this setting in the group settings

831737f53410eb7c19ad08c668ff5e16.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, makes sense now why I wouldn't be able to see them... Several are dependent on a certain feature being activated.

Really appreciate the help @TAMAN, I owe you a stellar review of your theme. Will get to it asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superaven said:

Ah, makes sense now why I wouldn't be able to see them... Several are dependent on a certain feature being activated.

Really appreciate the help @TAMAN, I owe you a stellar review of your theme. Will get to it asap.

You're welcome! 🙂 

Let me know if i can help on anything else 🙂 

 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @TAMAN

Maybe you can assist with explaining what the following color choices affect? These are the last of the ones I can't figure out and searching the forums hasn't provided any clues either. I know a lot of them affect many elements, but if you would please give me the main ones (if there are many).

Thanks again!

Front-End Colors
- Data item background: Status
- Data item background: Info
- Data item background: Warning
- Step Badge

Custom Widgets
- Widget title background

Widgets & Titles
- Secondary title bar text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superaven said:

- Data item background: Status
- Data item background: Info
- Data item background: Warning

I cant tell, these classes are automatically generated

Just now, superaven said:

- Step Badge

its used on Downloads and Nexus application

for example when you submit a file in downloads app

3b7166ca20481c3060b74dd66c9581cc.png

same for next it is used in similar badges 

Just now, superaven said:

Custom Widgets
- Widget title background

It is the custom widgets title background. 

89d00bb5b452bb55d33d6ce7f2013ecf.png

 

Just now, superaven said:

Widgets & Titles
- Secondary title bar text

as far as i can tell, this is only used on Pages app and in one place. i have no clue why lol

 

I hope you know that except for the Custom widget title background, none of others are specific to my theme. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @TAMAN,

I have two additional questions before I think I'm done tweaking my theme...

The first is a theme question, the second is a general question. Hoping you might have the answers to both.

  1. How do I edit the CSS for custom colors on the support ticket status? Seems both "In Progress" and "Resolved" status use the same class: .cNexusSupportBadge
  2. How do I create a default signature for the support desk replies? Would like to add some helpful links and a note to all outgoing support desk emails.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, superaven said:

Hello @TAMAN,

I have two additional questions before I think I'm done tweaking my theme...

The first is a theme question, the second is a general question. Hoping you might have the answers to both.

  1. How do I edit the CSS for custom colors on the support ticket status? Seems both "In Progress" and "Resolved" status use the same class: .cNexusSupportBadge

Thank you!

Hello,

1. Yes, they use same class names, You need to manually change the background and color to whatever you want 🙂 

Add in custom.css

.cNexusSupportBadge {
	background: #C04848;
	color: #fff;
}

 

9 hours ago, superaven said:
  1. How do I create a default signature for the support desk replies? Would like to add some helpful links and a note to all outgoing support desk emails.

Sorry I've never used Nexus application before, you might want to ask IPS staff with a ticket about this 🙂 

 

--

Thanks for the positive review! 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @TAMAN

But if both the active and resolved tickets have the same class then this badge is the same color. I noticed on teh actual IPS support system that the status' are different colors to make them easy to identify in the ticket list. Possible?

Will ask regarding the signature.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, superaven said:

But if both the active and resolved tickets have the same class then this badge is the same color. I noticed on teh actual IPS support system that the status' are different colors to make them easy to identify in the ticket list. Possible?

 

Yea, and again i have never used Next application before. you could have settings to change these colors all in acp or theme settings tab, so its better if you ask IPS about this 😉

 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update in case anyone has an issue in the future regarding support status badge colors... I just heard back from IPS Support and the option to edit the badge color can be found in AdminCP > Commerce > Support > Settings > Statuses. You can change the color and other settings for each status.

In regards to the signature of outgoing support ticket emails... You can set a signature by clicking the 'my preferences' ticket at the top of the support requests pages in the AdminCP (Where you're looking at the list of support tickets).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×