How to customize Member Profiles?

Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to customize the Member Profile pages.

My main question is about changing where different sections appear on the page. Eg right now by default, "Community Reputation" and "Followers" appears on the top of a thin column on the left with additional "Personal Info" below it, while "Activity" and "About Me" tabs are wider on the right. How can I remove "Community Reputation" and "Followers" completely, or at least move them lower on the page?

If I want to have additional/multiple long-answer areas for members to write stuff about themselves - like the "About Me" tab - is there a way to do that?

Sorry for the basic questions. Thanks,

Jonathan

23 minutes ago, Jonathan Cook said:

Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to customize the Member Profile pages.

My main question is about changing where different sections appear on the page. Eg right now by default, "Community Reputation" and "Followers" appears on the top of a thin column on the left with additional "Personal Info" below it, while "Activity" and "About Me" tabs are wider on the right. How can I remove "Community Reputation" and "Followers" completely, or at least move them lower on the page?

If I want to have additional/multiple long-answer areas for members to write stuff about themselves - like the "About Me" tab - is there a way to do that?

Sorry for the basic questions. Thanks,

Jonathan

The only way to change the 'Community Reputation and Followers' is by changing that part in the profile template (problem then is that with future upgrades you may have to revert template and re-do your changes)

Not sure what mean by the 'about me', if want to add more 'tabs' to the right column then you are limited on space but may be possible

Hi Steve00,

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it. 

Sorry about this, but - I'm not a developer, obviously - I'm looking for the custom.css. I looked here (https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/themes-and-customizations/css-framework/introduction-to-the-css-framework-r88/) which led me to look for /core/front/custom...which I looked for in my /forums folder in my CPanel File Manager...but I don't even know where custom.css is. I should probably just leave it & not mess with it.

It does seem strange to me, though, that when someone looks at my profile, the first two things they're probably going to see is "Community Reputation 0/Neutral" and "0 warning points/No restrictions being applied/Warn User/Flag as spammer." I know that'll probably get friendlier as my forum gets going, but I'm surprised that whole setup isn't a little more flexible, without requiring code-level customization.

What I meant by the "About Me" section is the screenshot, attached, the tab/text field on the right. Ideally, I was thinking, users could have multiple fields where they could enter text. Eg, They could write one paragraph about themselves, then in a separate field, write another paragraph about, say, their life philosophy or whatever. It wouldn't have to be new tabs, it could be additional text fields below the first one. Since the fields on the left column are all short-answer.

At any rate, thanks again for the help.

Jonathan

image.thumb.png.33f332f3a47ee2c6bb76352d267cca2e.png

custom.css ..... admincp >> themes >> far right of theme name click the first icon >> css tab

should then see custom.css

Noticed there is a setting in admincp to disable the reputation:

admincp

in search box enter 'reputation' (minus quotes)

select 'Show each members total reputation point on their profile'

Unselect 'Show each member's total reputation points on their profile'

click Save

then just add the following in custom.css

#elFollowers.cProfileSidebarBlock {
  display: none;
}

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cook said:

What I meant by the "About Me" section is the screenshot, attached, the tab/text field on the right. Ideally, I was thinking, users could have multiple fields where they could enter text. Eg, They could write one paragraph about themselves, then in a separate field, write another paragraph about, say, their life philosophy or whatever. It wouldn't have to be new tabs, it could be additional text fields below the first one. Since the fields on the left column are all short-answer.

Go ahead and create new fields, and set them as 'Editor' type.

image.thumb.png.d08012eb6fb4c10477d6a7595a8879d4.png

image.thumb.png.7bfc61d83a290fee1a700040fc1cf9f4.png

They will display only if there is content in them (pointless otherwise)

Archived