[Solved] Editing Email Templates

Pupper Puppet

Hello again!

I'm sorry to post twice in quick succession, but if I don't ask now I'll forget.  Again.

I'd like to edit the registration confirmation email to include information about other areas of the site.  I found the template for this, and hit a wall there.  It's a bunch of code and nothing else.  I don't even know what the email says in its default state, much less where to insert custom content (or if I even should on that page).  Can someone point me to a guide on how to customize outgoing emails?

Thanks again!

-Dev

Hi there @Dev @ TransPulse!

We use this:

Alternatively, you can use ACP>Customizations>Emails (if memory serves, it's in the same area as Theme settings). Search for the term "Registration" and edit the email "confirmed registration" (or similar). It should look like...

{$email->language->addToStack("email_reg_complete", FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\Settings::i()->board_name ) ) )}
	<br />
<br />
<a href='{setting="base_url"}' style="color: #ffffff; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; font-size: 12px; background: {setting="email_color"}; line-height: 32px; padding: 0 10px; display: inline-block; border-radius: 3px;">{$email->language->addToStack("email_go_to_site", FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\Settings::i()->board_name ) ) )}</a>
	<br /><br />
<em style='color: #8c8c8c'>— {setting="board_name"}</em>

You can add lines here right before the last set of line breaks (the <br/><br/>).

Hope that helps!

You'll find bits of the email look something like {lang="some_words"}. Those are translatable language strings. One bonus feature of the translation system is that you can customise your own language too by "translating" it. To see what the text is, all you have to do is go to the translation area of ACP and search for those keywords from the templates. If you want to change the wording, just fill in the field next to it as though you're translating it.

You'll find this in Customization > Languages. Then click on the globe icon of your main language and start searching for those language strings.

Archived