Tags as extra fields

Sirmadsen

Would be great if you could choose to add tag field as a filed type when creating extra fields. This would help a lot in structure of especially files in downloads. I'm sure that it can be used in forums amd gallery as well. For me it would be especially useful since you can categorize tags and force user to add tags that are required. For example, my site requires "Developer", "Publisher" and "Release Year" in extra fields. They are not clickable, so the uploader must add these twice, one in tags (so they are searchable) and the once more in extra fields. Having tags in extra fields would eliminate this and make it easier to click and search for what you are interested in.

I can't imagine it would be hard to add since tags are already used across the board.

• 9 months later...

I agree, running a technical forum it would be nice if we could require fields/tags such as Platform / Version / etc and have that static with the post so that it could be searched or filtered on and we wouldn't have to have a dedicated forum for each specific version. And the second post wouldn't be a request for this information from the author. 

Archived