"Recent Topics" Hook replacement

dNetAus

Hello,

We used to have 'recent topics' list appear in a rhs sidebar on our forums.  I believe this was a 'hook', and found the folllowing file in our 'hooks' folder:

boardIndexRecentTopics_9a91374834737020acdf91cdadcc1742.php

When we upgraded from V3xxx to V4.2.5 about a month ago, this no longer appeared, and the 'Applications & Hooks' in the ACP, is now just 'applications'.

1. Does anyone know how / where we get whatever we now need to have the same / similar 'recent topics' sidebar as we had with this hook?

2. There are a number of other 'hooks' in the hooks folder, is there somewhere in general that we can go to find replacements for what these hooks were doing?

Would appreciate any help with this.

Warm Regards

Leanne

Thanks again...

Did I mention I need instructions for dummies? ;-)

I have searched everywhere for 'Widget', "Topic Feed" etc and the only information I could find in the guides is under Themes & Customisations>sidebars & widgets which is way too advanced for me :(

Where do I find:
1. 'Stock widget's in v4.2.5
2. "Topic Feed" specifically

Am hoping there is some documentation somewhere because even when I search the forums, all the related topics that come up have me feeling I am missing the very basics *blush*

3 hours ago, dNetAus said:

Thanks again...

Did I mention I need instructions for dummies? ;-)

I have searched everywhere for 'Widget', "Topic Feed" etc and the only information I could find in the guides is under Themes & Customisations>sidebars & widgets which is way too advanced for me :(

Where do I find:
1. 'Stock widget's in v4.2.5
2. "Topic Feed" specifically

Am hoping there is some documentation somewhere because even when I search the forums, all the related topics that come up have me feeling I am missing the very basics *blush*

When viewing forum on left side (about middle) you should see a small 'arrow', left click that and will open a sidebar

then select Forums from the list and should see as per screenie below

feed1.thumb.jpg.8141d8d8307c69854ae6dd56bc6a23c3.jpg

Archived