Isn't it weird how...

MarilynWallace

every other forum software is able to use different-sized avatars?

I really want to love IPB, and everything is great, except this one really weird, restrictive feature. It's almost controlling. I heard it was an issue with the skin...? Or something. But I used to use IPB back when any-size avatars were allowed, and it was GREAT! It's so weird how other forum softwares (even FREE software) are able to achieve this, yet IPB cannot.

Is this a feature that we will NEVER see again?

Then edit a group, go to the social tab, and change the "Maximum profile photo width/height" setting (and maybe change the storage size value too to allow for bigger files, if necessary)

image.thumb.png.1c544afaef0e8ae61c01ddab6282d4bd.png

I uploaded a 633 * 764 image, was presented with an option to crop it - and the resulting uploaded image is 427 * 500

If you then need assistance with the size of how the uploaded file is then displayed around the suite, then post in the Peer to Peer forum.

30 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Then edit a group, go to the social tab, and change the "Maximum profile photo width/height" setting (and maybe change the storage size value too to allow for bigger files, if necessary)

image.thumb.png.1c544afaef0e8ae61c01ddab6282d4bd.png

I uploaded a 633 * 764 image, was presented with an option to crop it - and the resulting uploaded image is 427 * 500

If you then need assistance with the size of how the uploaded file is then displayed around the suite, then post in the Peer to Peer forum.

Yup I did exactly that. For some reason, it still stores the images as a smaller size, then stretches the images out on the forum.

For example, as you can see in the two attached pictures, what I uploaded vs. what appears on the forum are of different qualities (because what appears on the forum was stored as a smaller size by the software, then STRETCHED out to 250x250). I've already posted in the peer help forum, but it doesn't seem like anybody has the answer.

defaultavv.png

defaultavv2.JPG

Archived