Send product's custom fields in purchase notification

inkredible

I would like to extend the "purchase notifications" in the commerce application so that it will send the product's custom field which I have setup in that email as well. In my oppinion it should be a native feature but I need that feature as soon as possible.

Can you point me in the right direction what to do therefore?

9 hours ago, bfarber said:

You will want to modify the email template (Customization tab in AdminCP) to loop over the fields and include them.

Ok that sounds amazing, unfortunately I don't see a custom field tag offered for the "purchase notifications" email template. Can you help me out there, how can I use the referenced custom fields for this product?

dPaouQS.png

34 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

$purchase->custom_fields

return an array like

array('fid' => 'value', 'fid' => 'value', 'fid' => 'value')

I looked into the nexus/sources class and I thought I could use the public methods there. Unfortunately it didn't work, maybe you can explain why. I tried:

{$purchase->get_member()->get_name}

and 

{$purchase->get_custom_fields()}

Both returned null / or an empty string.

Edit: Your approach didn't work either. Is it because I create the invoice from the backend? I do provide values there for my custom fields though and the member name should still work then right?

1 hour ago, inkredible said:

and 

{$purchase->get_custom_fields()}

You should work with variable as with an array

{{foreach $purchase->custom_fields as $k => $v}}
    Some code here
{{endforeach}}

1 hour ago, inkredible said:

Is it because I create the invoice from the backend?

Maybe yes or maybe it's a bug.

45 minutes ago, bfarber said:

If a method is prefixed with get_ then it is a getter and you typically exclude that.

You should exclude () also :)

$purchase->member->name

5 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

You should work with variable as with an array

Some code here
{{endforeach}}

Maybe yes or maybe it's a bug.

You should exclude () also :)

$purchase->member->name

Thanks for the hint, I noticed that there is an example for the customer's display name on the top of that email template.

Unfortunately I still wasn't able to figure out the custom_fields issue. I tried your foreach approach as well, but it appears the array is empty as it doesn't print anything. This is what I've added:

<tr>
          <td dir='{dir}' width='200' style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; color: #333333; line-height: 21px" align='right'>
              <strong>{$k}</strong>
          </td>
          <td dir='{dir}' style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; color: #333333; line-height: 21px" align="left">
              {$v}
          </td>
      </tr>
    {{endforeach}}

Thanks for all the help so far! I hope I get it working in the end

1 hour ago, newbie LAC said:

Run 

SELECT ps_custom_fields FROM nexus_purchases WHERE ps_id=X;

Change X on purchase ID

All of these are empty arrays, so apparently it's a bug @bfarber? Creating an invoice manually (for example to correct a missing order due to the PayPal problems) won't submit the custom fields, even though I can provide them when creating the invoice.

Edit: It's NOT exclusive to the admin panel. I changed the price to 0€ and purchased it as normal member, the ps_custom_fields array is still null in nexus_purchases. Is there a place in the admin panel where I would see the provided custom fields which are related to an order?

I would recommend submitting a ticket at this point so we can take a look. Indeed if you have custom fields set up and you are filling those values in, but the values aren't being stored, we need to investigate why. Customizing the email template afterwards should be as easy as has been shown here.

42 minutes ago, bfarber said:

I would recommend submitting a ticket at this point so we can take a look. Indeed if you have custom fields set up and you are filling those values in, but the values aren't being stored, we need to investigate why. Customizing the email template afterwards should be as easy as has been shown here.

I've already filed a ticket 24h ago :-). #989225 if you want to take a look at it yourself, it's still in the T1 support level I think

Archived