AdminCP only partially rendered by browser - cause?

Hexsplosions

I don't manage my own hosting, so don't claim to be anything of an expert, but before I raise a ticket for IPS I want to eliminate my hosting as the cause if I can do so.

Occasionally my AdminCP does not render correctly and I'm left with a partially loaded AdminCP. This is accompanied by the error 'ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH'.

I use the Plesk control panel on my hosting so I do have the ability to tweak php.ini and to add additional NGINX directives, but that's about it. The only tweaks made are:

date.timezone = "Europe/London"
disable_functions = "exec, system, pcntl_exec, popen, proc_open, shell_exec"

Screenshot of the error:

Error.thumb.png.476c44d63a9a0ca363f89d0f1ead883a.png

Apache modules and PHP extensions:

59abb72a9b8d8_ApacheModules.thumb.png.d200daf91227142483e2238c48b7c734.png

59abb72c3ec57_PHPExtensions.thumb.png.416e8d03a84ab2358bf0881d7e51b968.png

Any ideas?

If you are using custom Admin Control Panel URL, make sure that you apply the appropriate access permission to Apache / Nginx server as well. Have you apply any web server-side filter rules on the custom ACP URL? (for example, password-protected folders)

10 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

If you are using custom Admin Control Panel URL, make sure that you apply the appropriate access permission to Apache / Nginx server as well.

Will check this, thanks.

10 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Have you apply any web server-side filter rules on the custom ACP URL? (for example, password-protected folders)

Nope, none.

You can try to see if there is any system error on IPS by visiting ACP > Systems > Supports > System Errors.

Also, if you currently running Apache, it is the best chance that any occurring error will be written in the web server's log. It could be in /var/www/vhosts/your_domain_name/statistics/logs/error_log, /var/log/httpd or just open it in Plesk's log manager. (I use pure Nginx on DirectAdmin so I cannot clearly described the location of the log file, my apologies about that.)

Archived