Gallery Page Template

Bill Edwards

7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Gallery -> front -> view -> view, I guess. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have Gallery > front > view - but no view there 

Anyone able to help please?

EDIT - Actually I've found it, it's gallery > front > view > image

But I can't see where the advert is to take it out. I suspect it's part of the global template.

Does anyone know if I can take the top advert out of Gallery ONLY?

16 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

Many thanks for that. Are you able to assist with taking out the advert please? 

Looks like you used advert with key ad_global_header

You can hide advert using css

[data-pageapp="gallery"][data-pagemodule="gallery"][data-pagecontroller="view"] .ipsAdvertisement {
	display: none;
}

Or in globalTemplate template find 

{advertisement="ad_global_header"}

change to 

{{if !($location['app'] == 'gallery' and $location['module'] == 'gallery' and $location['controller'] == 'view')}}
							{advertisement="ad_global_header"}
						{{endif}}

7 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

[data-pageapp="gallery"][data-pagemodule="gallery"][data-pagecontroller="view"] .ipsAdvertisement { display: none; }

Brilliant - works a treat many thanks!!

This came from a member who said that he couldn't see the photo name without scrolling, so I was trying to save space at the top. Do you know if there is a way I can save anymore space? (Don't need the "Home>Gallery>etc  - Unread Content / Mark Site Read" line really)

13 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

Do you know if there is a way I can save anymore space? (Don't need the "Home>Gallery>etc  - Unread Content / Mark Site Read" line really)

[data-pageapp="gallery"][data-pagemodule="gallery"][data-pagecontroller="view"] .ipsBreadcrumb_top {
	display: none;
}

6 hours ago, Bill Edwards said:

This is driving me MAD!

I can get the name above the photo, but when I go to the next photo the image title doesn't change until I refresh the page.

Surely it can't be as difficult as I'm making it lol :)

What did you do? How to reproduce the problem?

2 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

[data-pageapp="gallery"][data-pagemodule="gallery"][data-pagecontroller="view"] .ipsBreadcrumb_top { display: none; }

Again , many thanks that works well!

2 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

What did you do? How to reproduce the problem?

I have no coding skills at all :)

In the template "imageinfo" I copied the following code

<div class='ipsBox ipsPad' data-role='imageDescription'>
			<h1 class='ipsType_pageTitle ipsContained_container'>
				{{if $image->prefix() OR ( $image->canEdit() AND $image::canTag( NULL, $image->container() ) AND $image::canPrefix( NULL, $image->container() ) )}}
					<span {{if !$image->prefix()}}class='ipsHide'{{endif}} {{if ( $image->canEdit() AND $image::canTag( NULL, $image->container() ) AND $image::canPrefix( NULL, $image->container() ) )}}data-editablePrefix{{endif}}>
						{template="prefix" group="global" app="core" params="$image->prefix( TRUE ), $image->prefix()"}
					</span>
				{{endif}}
				{{if $image->hidden() === 1}}
					<span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_warning" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="pending_approval"}'><i class='fa fa-warning'></i></span></span>
				{{elseif $image->hidden() === -1}}
					<span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_warning" data-ipsTooltip title='{$image->hiddenBlurb()}'><i class='fa fa-eye-slash'></i></span></span>
				{{elseif $image->hidden() === -2}}
					<span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_warning" data-ipsTooltip title='{$image->deletedBlurb()}'><i class='fa fa-trash'></i></span></span>
				{{endif}}
				{{if $image->mapped('featured')}}
					<span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_positive" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="featured"}'><i class='fa fa-star'></i></span></span>
				{{endif}}
				{{if $image->canEdit()}}
					<span class='ipsContained ipsType_break' data-controller="core.front.core.moderation">{{if $image->locked()}}<i class='fa fa-lock'></i> {{endif}}
						<span data-role="editableTitle" title='{lang="click_hold_edit"}'>{$image->caption}</span>
					</span>
				{{else}}
					<span class='ipsContained ipsType_break'>{{if $image->locked()}}<i class='fa fa-lock'></i> {{endif}}{$image->caption}</span>
				{{endif}}
			</h1>

Which appears to produce the image name and pasted it to the top of the template "image". That works fine for the photo I am currently viewing - the image name is displayed above the current image, which is what I want.

g1.thumb.png.405e38f630ef8c0f5f053394dff991fd.png

However if I then use the forward/back buttons to view another image the image name doesn't update (unless I refresh the page).

g2.thumb.png.43211da0ed217517a0bc10d56da0e64e.png

It's frustrating to have got so close by trial and error and not be able to get it to work lol :)

Any help gratefully received!

Archived