Post-Purchase Return URL?

Songstuff

Hi

After a subscription purchase... what should the return url be? Is there a standard url? If not, does anyone have any guidance on creating one with pages? A simple thank you would be easy enough, but it would be necessary to confirm successful purchase to commerce... no?

I am using Paypal Pro

Cheers

John

No one? I can't find anything about this in the guides. The guides seem to be missing some pretty important chunks. Some step by step walk through for a start.

That aside.... what should the return URL be? I can only guess that post purchase anyone buying anything through commerce should see a receipt on your site? Sure it can be done by PayPal themselves, but I thought the concept was to keep the buyer on your site for as much of the process as possible?

Surely someone knows the URL?

Please?

Any invision staffers willing to answer? Come on guys, it's not exactly a ticket issue, unless the holes in documentation is the issue. If it is simply the forums base url, fair enough, if it is a specific php file, or page, that would be useful to know. If I have to create the page to display an appropriate thank you... that too would be good to know.

17 minutes ago, Songstuff said:

Any invision staffers willing to answer? Come on guys, it's not exactly a ticket issue, unless the holes in documentation is the issue. If it is simply the forums base url, fair enough, if it is a specific php file, or page, that would be useful to know. If I have to create the page to display an appropriate thank you... that too would be good to know.

Here is an example of what you can create. Really there is no wrong way to word it. You are just thanking them!

paypalthanks.thumb.png.759ee9ec5e7d77f531c3a2d92b284382.png

21 hours ago, opentype said:

There is not one specific URL. After the purchase, you get an order overview page, which is part of the Commerce app. yoursite.com/clients/orders/245/

Thanks for that... so in my Paypal gateway settings on the PayPal site it prompts for a return URL after purchase. Do you know if that should that be left blank?

• 1 month later...

Archived