Update to IPS 4 | UX Questions

As we move from IPS 3 TO IPS 4, there are a few user-experience questions for IPS4 that we have.

• Will "Preview this Topic" still be available? Where you can see how many new posts, how many unread, or have the option to mark as read? 
  • The new build displays all topic replies from oldest first to newest last. Whereas the previous IPS3 theme displayed all topic replies newest first to the oldest last. This has been a hot topic among developers without a common solution to solve.
    • Am I understanding correctly, that the only way for members to see the threads that have new (new to them) replies is to use "View New Content". But when they open up that thread, will they see the most recent post, or will they be taken to the oldest reply?
  • When clicking "View Unread Content", is the option to filter content still be available? 

On 19/7/2017 at 6:54 PM, jim@1trickpony.com said:
  • Will "Preview this Topic" still be available? Where you can see how many new posts, how many unread, or have the option to mark as read? 
  •  

it's available. You can see the icon in the editor menu ( preview button )  if you try to reply in this topic for example ( first on the right, file with magnifying glass)
But there is not a "preview button" as such, but an icon in the editor.

The new build displays all topic replies from oldest first to newest last.

You can decide the order of a forum in the ADmin CP in the propieties of a forum. You can sort by date ( last reply or start day, for example ) and also by title and a few more.

• When clicking "View Unread Content", is the option to filter content still be available? 

I can filter content by type, status, author, date and few more. There is a bar with options.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 11:54 AM, jim@1trickpony.com said:

On 7/20/2017 at 5:41 PM, gabs007 said:

it's available. You can see the icon in the editor menu ( preview button )  if you try to reply in this topic for example ( first on the right, file with magnifying glass)
But there is not a "preview button" as such, but an icon in the editor.

I don't @jim@1trickpony.com meant the post preview you're referring to, @gabs007. I think he means this "Preview this Topic" function. We're looking for it, too. Does anyone know where you set that up? 

Each topic has a down arrow you can click to preview the posts, mark the topic as read, etc. 

Preview-this-Topic.thumb.JPG.7e0e52227fde5d7bfa9301379734f2c8.JPG

Archived