Per Page Administrator/Moderator Permissions

mHawkins

My site uses quite a few pages - some which store critical data, images, etc. 

Some of the pages however, talk about some of the sub-communities of the community. I would like to give the moderators/administrators of each sub-community edit access for the pages related to them.

My question is, is it possible to give edit access on a page by page basis, rather than just giving an administrator access over ALL the pages?

Assuming you are talking about Pages made with the Pages application and not generic website pages that could refer to any view in the community then unfortunately this is not currently possible. It is only possible to specify which groups can view pages not edit them. You can set up edit permissions in databases that get added to pages however so that specific users can edit database records.

I think you can do it only editing the page with some customization, set a php variable for members/groups allowed and when requested on url (http://yoursite.com/subcommunity/?do=edit - condition: \IPS\Request::i()->do=="edit") you can build the form to display instead the text of the page.

Now you must have a knowledge about Form Helpers to doing/understand how works it, or ask a developer to build a form based on pages content (it could be mixed).

I use this behaviour, but remember you can't use function/class php on pages made with pages app (maybe with eval function but the scope is into \IPS\Theme if I don't mistake).

Archived