Autosaving

So, I assume IPS took that feature out when 4.x came out? I just lost a month's worth of stats I was transferring over from notepad on my phone into a post because I deleted them as I typed the contents into the editor, then somehow my browser went backwards to another page and lost all my data.

This was a very useful feature for this same type of situation, where the browser screws up. Now I'll never have these stats.

I can reassure you it's there and working ;) as I use it almost daily in support and my own community. Keep in mind this feature solely relies on your browser permissions to store local data in it and obviously keeping that data as it is not stored in the IPS software itself.

Please submit a ticket if you think your community has issues and we'll be more than happy to look into it.

23 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I can reassure you it's there and working ;) as I use it almost daily in support and my own community. Keep in mind this feature solely relies on your browser permissions to store local data in it and obviously keeping that data as it is not stored in the IPS software itself.

Please submit a ticket if you think your community has issues and we'll be more than happy to look into it.

Is it like some of the past versions where it would have a message in the editor letting me know it has autosaved content, or is it inserted some other way?

Most likely it's my browser, since I am using internet explorer. lol. (I didn't get used to Edge, didn't like firefox, safari, or chrome, etc...). I did see adblock finally added a version for Edge, so maybe I can get used to that browser now...

3 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

The saved content is automatically loaded and you get a message that it was restored

Screenshot_2017-06-16 09.12.44_ZM0Q6S.png

Thanks. Blah, it must be either my browser settings, IE itself, or it hadn't had time to autosave yet (I'm sure it's not that one, though, since I ad typed in it for a couple minutes). I don't see any acp setting, so I assume it's automatically enabled.

Sigh. It's from having protected mode turned on in IE. I added this site and my own site to the trusted sites, and kept protected mode turned off there and now it works. Too bad I didn't learn this lesson by just losing a normal post.... I keep stats for my basketball percentages and now lost a few days of them.

When I was testing on this company site, I turned protected mode off and tried it, it didn't work, then when I enabled protected mode again, it had my stored post that was actually typed while it was "not" enabled. So apparently somehow my settings let it save it, but not reload it.

So if anyone else actually still uses IE (lol), this was how to fix it n this browser.

Archived