punBB to IP.Board 4.1 URL rewrites, how to use tools?

Maxxius

Hi,

I got a request to upgrade my clients' punBB forum to IP.Board 4.1 in the near future and I'm doing my homework now.

One of requirements was to make 301 redirects from old links to new ones in order not to loose search engine traffic.

I downloaded Converter app from marketplace and in its tools folder there is Links - punBB folder with few php files.

Can anyone tell me how do they work? I remember back in the day when I moves my forum from phpBB to IPB I had made URL redirects in a .htaccess file and that have worked. But how is it done nowdays?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Maxxius said:

Hi,

I got a request to upgrade my clients' punBB forum to IP.Board 4.1 in the near future and I'm doing my homework now.

One of requirements was to make 301 redirects from old links to new ones in order not to loose search engine traffic.

I downloaded Converter app from marketplace and in its tools folder there is Links - punBB folder with few php files.

Can anyone tell me how do they work? I remember back in the day when I moves my forum from phpBB to IPB I had made URL redirects in a .htaccess file and that have worked. But how is it done nowdays?

Thank you.

The IPS4 converters are included with IPS4 (check the 'include converters' box when downloading from the client area).

With IPS4, the redirects are completely automatic, you don't need to do anything extra except leaving the Converter application installed and enabled.

Archived