Using the IPS-Logo in Plugins and Translations

TheSonic

Hi,

this subject has been occupying me for a while, but i got no final answers yet, so i will make this topic public.

In 2015 (around the final release of 4.0) i uploaded my translationpack for IPS 4... This contained the IPS-Logo (The "V") and a german flag in the picture in the marketplace... I received a message from IPS, (from @Rhett ) requesting to remove the logo because of copyright, etc.Off course, i respected this and removed the logo.  I replied and he told me, every "unofficial" / 3rd Party was requested to remove the logo... Ok, i was fine with this....

Today, 2 years later, 90% of the stuff still uses the logo and... Hm, nothing happend... I am fine removing it, because this are the rules - but it's not fair seeing others doing what they want and not following the rules... (So, why should i ?! I offer my work for free and it takes a lot of time translating stuff....)

Please tell me, whats the status of this ...  :) 

Thank you.

Legally nobody should be using our logo, so I'm sorry if there is any confusion, It's one of those items, as we see it, we address it.  It bas been a little busy however and we often don't see everything at all times. 

Archived