Moving Server; Help

Crenox

So recently I have moved from a managed server host who squashed loads of websites onto one machine to a VPS. I've installed all of the essentials etc.. I transferred the database over, linked everything up in the conf_global.php file. I had to change the MySQL socket so it works and the database.

My forum - www.nova-gaming.uk/forums/

When I go to my site it says this:

8259I.png

I can tell that it is indeed connecting to the MySQL database as if I purposely enter the incorrect details it takes it to an Error 520 Cloudflare page. I tested this multiple times to confirm.

When I uploaded my server files I downloaded them from the old server and just reuploaded them, most of the folder permissions are on CHMOD 755 so only Owner writable, do I need to change anything?

Please note that I am using the same domain, and everything is in the same folders.

Also is there anything else I need to change to get this working?

I didn't have a .htaccess file, I just checked the /forums folder on my old server... I had one in the main public_html here is the contents;

RewriteEngine on

RewriteOptions inherit
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^nova\-gaming\.uk$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.nova\-gaming\.uk$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[0-9]+\..+\.cpaneldcv$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[A-F0-9]{32}\.txt(?:\ Comodo\ DCV)?$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/acme-challenge/[0-9a-zA-Z_-]+$

Reason I didn't transfer it is because it has loads of CPanel stuff, and I am using Apache as it's free.

Not sure if you have anything that'l help you thought @nodle

Are you able to login to the Admin panel still? Does that load?

This is the default .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico|map)(\?|$) /404error.php [L,NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

@nodle I uploaded the htaccess file above to my main /forums folder which is the root directory for my suite. But still says the same...

I tried to access my admin panel; nova-gaming.uk/forums/admin however it redirected to this: <link removed>

On 10/04/2017 at 8:16 PM, Crenox said:

@nodle I uploaded the htaccess file above to my main /forums folder which is the root directory for my suite. But still says the same...

I tried to access my admin panel; nova-gaming.uk/forums/admin however it redirected to this

please remove the link from here it will open you up to some that will hack your add min when you hit this link it takes you to the admin guest might hack it so i would remove the link

58ee4bf98976a_SignIn.thumb.png.549dd109f0c5ca4badd7ad2e2e432ea8.png

Ok will do,

and @nodle I contacted support and they got my to install the requirements checker. For some reason when I upgraded to php7 it never set it as the current version and instead used 5.5.9 so I just googled how to set it inactive and set php7 active.

Archived