Are patches included automatically on IPS Cloud?

Simon Woods

I'm fairly sure that patches are included in a .1 update (for example, 4.19.1 is likely to be released soon) but I was wondering if the passive approach to updates I am now able to have as a Cloud customer also applies to patches? Can I assume that a patch is included if I update to 4.1.19 right now or do I need to wait for 4.1.19.1?

There are now four files included in the patches. I know you only need them if you have problems but I have become quite comfortable with updating on a regular schedule, usually 10-20 days after the update is released, and have yet to run into any problems as a result of the update. It would be good to know if this can continue with patches taken into account, since the latest update is relatively small.

• Management

We are working on an intelligent patching system, hopefully for 4.2. As it stands, we generally do not hot patch an active release - downloadable or hosted - except in the rarest of circumstances. While we do not apply automatic updates to cloud clients (but we do for enterprise/managed) for various reasons, including the potential for breaking customizations when you may not be around, we expect to make this even easier moving forward. 

Archived