Replacing a URL in an Entir Table, SQL Syntax Problem

Bendensin

Hello,

I've changed the category names and URLs for a lot of articles, and now have lots of internal links pointed to the wrong URL. I've done a 301 Redirect, but would like to change all of the URLs in the forum_post table of the database.

I'm trying to replace this:

www.turkeycentral.com/articles/turkey-residence-permit/

with this:

www.turkeycentral.com/turkey/residence-permits/

I used a MySQL query I found on another website and also one from a similar topic in this forum, and ran it through the "SQL" option in PHPMyADMIN:

update forum_posts set post = REPLACE( post,'www.turkeycentral.com/articles/turkey-residence-permit/','www.turkeycentral.com/turkey/residence-permits/' );

Neither are working. It is returning this message:

sql-query.thumb.png.40595a922dc1e2dd49960df8caad46c3.png

So it seems to be running, but affects zero rows. And when I check in the forums, the URLs have not changed.

Would someone please look at the syntax and tell me why it's not working?

Personally, I would have been expecting that query to return a SQL error stating that table forum_posts doesn't exist, as the table is actually forums_posts, and a default IPS 4 db doesn't have a forum_posts table.

So check if you have 2 tables, one called forum_posts and the other forums_posts, and modify your query to target the correct table.

Thank you Nathan.

I see I have two tables with roughly the same name. The first table is called forum_posts which has 181 rows:

table-1.png.ffedb25f2c879ca2136796b5e6b02828.png

And on the second page of the database, the second table is called iBBS_forums_posts which has over 50,000 rows! I think I found the correct table.

table-2.png.2b832a21d77335249688bc2bef00cc7a.png

Would the first one be from a previous installation perhaps?

No idea - that's for you to determine.....without knowing the history of your site, it's impossible for me to answer without guessing. The iBBS_ prefix on the correct table implies that forum_posts is nothing to do with a previous install/upgrade.

But the above answers your issue - your correct table is called ibbs_forums_posts, so target that with the query instead.

Archived