Invalid Task Method

Owdy

7 minutes ago, Owdy said:

My system log is full of these

What is that? If i run TASKs via URL, it gives that to browser.

ss.PNG

This means that something or somebody is calling the web task gateway file, but since you're using the cron or the "by traffic" method to call the task jobs, it returns an error.

You can't just call the url without enabling this feature;)

6 hours ago, Owdy said:

every minute since that

Which is the interval for the CRON task being run, perchance?

I *think* I saw this ages ago with CRON...had it enabled on my test site, and enabled on the server, and working fine. Blew away my site, created a new one....started seeing those when the server tried to run the task, but the new site didn't have the CRON function enabled (and when I did enable it, the command provided by IPS didn't match to the one in the CRON on the server (as expected...new site)

Which task method have you got enabled in the ACP? "Run automatically with traffic", "Use CRON" or "Use Web Service"?

And do you currently have a CRON based on your server, or CRON running from a remote service?

6 hours ago, Owdy said:

Not currently needed?

Yes, currently the running of that task is not needed. When it is needed, it will run (ie when there are background tasks to run)

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yes, currently the running of that task is not needed. When it is needed, it will run (ie when there are background tasks to run)

Yes, but that was last run weeks ago. I manually run it, and it hasnt run since

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Which task method have you got enabled in the ACP? "Run automatically with traffic", "Use CRON" or "Use Web Service"?

"Run automatically with traffic"

Archived