AdminCP URL change

npd1124

I have previously changed the directory name of the admin folder, I was looking to change it again but when I attempt to do it I am getting the error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, xxxxxxxx and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Does anyone have any information on how to fix this, if so I would greatly appreciate it.

If you changed the admin folder to something else, you have to place the file name "constants.php" within the root of your community as well. The content of that file would be like this:

<?php
define( 'CP_DIRECTORY', 'your_admin_folder_name_here' );

But if you changed it back to "admin", simply delete this php file. Hope this helps.

41 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

If you changed the admin folder to something else, you have to place the file name "constants.php" within the root of your community as well. The content of that file would be like this:

<?php
define( 'CP_DIRECTORY', 'your_admin_folder_name_here' );

But if you changed it back to "admin", simply delete this php file. Hope this helps.

I changed the file name in the constants.php file already and have double checked it, it throws that error with the file changed. If I revert back to the name that I previously had (change back name of directory and edit constants.php) it works fine. I'm stumped.

I think you might have to reinstall the IPS community suite again in this case, simply download the installation file from client area and extract it into your community root folder. Then navigate into https://www.your-forum-website.com/admin/upgrade. All of your community data will retain in this process.

Or you may open a support ticket to IPS staff team if your license is still active. My apologies that I could not help you further.

Archived