OG:Image Issue

Marc S

Hi all

Having abit of a strange issue with our forum and the Image displayed by Facebook when its linked.. I understand it used a meta tag og:image, ive taken a look in the html and from what i understand it looks like its meant to show the forum logo when og:image is requested (i may be totally wrong)

But instead when we link to the fourm on Facebook / other social media sites which grab an image it chooses a members randomly uploaded attachment. Anything ive done wrong - not changed any of the below code.

{{if !isset( \IPS\Output::i()->metaTags['og:image'] ) and \IPS\Theme::i()->logo_sharer }}
	<meta property="og:image" content="{theme="logo_sharer"}">
{{endif}}

Thanks

Marc

3 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Hi all

Having abit of a strange issue with our forum and the Image displayed by Facebook when its linked.. I understand it used a meta tag og:image, ive taken a look in the html and from what i understand it looks like its meant to show the forum logo when og:image is requested (i may be totally wrong)

It's not the forum logo that gets shared but a specific sharer logo. You can arrange this with ACP > Customization > Themes > click pencil icon of relevant theme > click on Logos tab > Sharer Logo.

Archived