4.1.14.2 Mobile version loading hard

Aivarass

Hello, some of my members reported that there is issue with mobile version of website. From first view it looks like everything is loading fine, but when you enter login screen it just freezes. So my question is what could it be ?

IPS version: 4.1.14.2

Theme: Titan from ipsfocus.com

3rd party: from ips market

Easy to reproduce - desktop browser is crashing/stuck with some of your javascript which is firing when the 'Sign in' option is clicked when viewing with the screen small enough.

Change to the normal default theme (would do this, but it's not available to guests) - does the issue still exist? If no, approach your theme developer.

If yes, post back here with a list of plugins etc you have on the suite.

Then it's most likely something in the skin that does it, and you should contact the theme author. 

You could try to rebuild the caches from Support -> Support -> Something isn't working correctly. Continue with the tool until it has said it has rebuilt the caches. 

However, it's not just your login page that is affected, it seems you have this issue with all pages that contains a form of some kind. So /register/ and /contact/ is affected too. 

Okay, since I apparently have nothing better to do, I took a look at the custom javascript.

Essentially the problem lies in a custom javascript function that seems to have been added to the includeJs-template bit or in a custom template bit referenced in it or globalTemplate in the custom theme you have. Custom javascript function ipsFocusNavigation

More specificially it's the following javascript code in the custom javascript function ipsFocusNavigation that causes trouble:

// See new suggested fix below, you should no longer remove this, but the code I mention further below in this post is in the same area
	$('.ipsNavBar_primary > ul > li:not(.focusNav_more)').each(function() {
		navwidth += $(this).outerWidth( true ) + 12;
	});

Removing that should resolve the problem, but you'll have to confer with @ehren. (which seems to be the theme author) to get a proper fix. As it's not clear to me why that code is a thing, and just removing it alone may have other unforeseen consequences (although likely not as critical)

Edit: wrong mention

Edit: Okay, it's not strictly that code that is the problem, the problem lies in the code beneath it, but removing that code resolves the issue as it prevents the variable navwidth to being set to a value that causes problems in the javascript further below.
Edit: A somewhat of a more appropiate fix will be to replace: 

if (navwidth > availablespace) {

with:

if (availablespace > 0 && navwidth > availablespace) {

Legend @TSP, thanks for the help.

I've applied the solution to my development board.

For reference, the code is used to generate a "More" menu when there are too many items. The IPS javascript does this by default, but this method works better with my dropdown navigation code ^_^

On 8/29/2016 at 7:33 AM, TAKITO.eddy said:

Hello, some of my members reported that there is issue with mobile version of website. From first view it looks like everything is loading fine, but when you enter login screen it just freezes. So my question is what could it be ?

IPS version: 4.1.14.2

Theme: Titan from ipsfocus.com

3rd party: from ips market

I too am having this issue using Titan from ipsFocus - Where did you go to change this code?

Archived