Edit Images after Upload

JohnCourt

Dear folks, I know during upload of images to gallery, descriptions and tags can be added to each image, after the image is uploaded although, it does not appear that the member can back track and add tags or descriptions, I can see where a user can edit their album, but I am having a hard time seeing where images can be edited for desc and tags.

Is there a setting I must flip on in order for our members to be able to add desc and tags to their images after upload?

Thanks

I had it enabled, but now that I see the other settings too, the edit time was set to 180 minutes, so after 3 hours, the content is locked. I set it that way for forum reasons, I did not know that would apply site wide.

Thanks

UPDATE

Hmm, the button is still not appearing. As admin I see the button, but as member, I do not.

1 minute ago, Courtland said:

I had it enabled, but now that I see the other settings too, the edit time was set to 180 minutes, so after 3 hours, the content is locked. I set it that way for forum reasons, I did not know that would apply site wide.

Thanks Joel for guiding me there. It works now, I set unlimited for edit time. Do you see a problem with setting the content edit for unlimited time?

Thanks

Yes and no.

Remember that the edit time applies for all content, globally across all applications, which means that a member can later mass edit or empty his posts, images, articles, records, or any other content he's contributed to your community.  It's up to you whether or not that's a concern.

1 minute ago, Courtland said:

It does concern me, thanks Joel. You just never know about folks, they could back track and remove all their content, and leave some empty holes in our community, not good, there should be a way to edit content by department, not globally. Thanks

I'm glad I could help ^_^ 

Archived