"Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." missing

I am running IPS4 and my some of my users are experiencing an issue with adding images to posts.  What is occurring is that the "Drag files here" portion of the reply window is not showing up and it is happening across several browsers.  I have recommended clearing cache, which has not helped and these users are all within the same group with the needed permissions.  Again, not all users, just a few.  IPS says this is not a known bug.  Any recommendations?

images.jpg

• 3 months later...

Oh, this is definitely a bug.

It depends on which browser you use. If you use Safari that drag & drop block is available but when you use Firefox or Chrome it's gone.

The fact that I have the same issue as you and that some of my users have the same trouble, plus the fact that I can reproduce this makes this a bug which should be looked into and fixed.

Safari screenshot:

safari.png

Firefox screenshot which is identical to what I see on chrome.

firefox_chrome.png

Would be nice if someone from IPS can chime in on this bug.

16 hours ago, riko said:

Oh, this is definitely a bug.

It depends on which browser you use. If you use Safari that drag & drop block is available but when you use Firefox or Chrome it's gone.

The fact that I have the same issue as you and that some of my users have the same trouble, plus the fact that I can reproduce this makes this a bug which should be looked into and fixed.

Safari screenshot:

safari.png

Firefox screenshot which is identical to what I see on chrome.

firefox_chrome.png

Would be nice if someone from IPS can chime in on this bug.

Bugs are not fixed in the forums.  You should submit a ticket.  

Archived