Announcements Improved?

ManuG

Hello,

I have a home page in my community which uses the 'Announcements' block (which I removed from every other page).

The announcement widget has a display character limit which if you exceed requires you to click on the title and go to the announcement page to see the rest of the entry.

I would like the announcement widget to display the full length of the message.

Any tips on how to do this? Or how to create a simple block where I can write text without any character limit?

Regards,

Manuel

1 hour ago, ManuG said:

I would like the announcement widget to display the full length of the message.

Edit HTML and CSS your Theme-> Open template 'core_front_widgets->announcements

Find

<div class='ipsType_medium ipsType_textBlock ipsType_richText ipsContained' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-type='remove' data-ipsTruncate-size='{{if $orientation == 'vertical'}}6 lines{{else}}2 lines{{endif}}'>

Change the value 'number of lines' at the end code.
I tested 10 - works perfectly

15 hours ago, Adlago said:

Edit HTML and CSS your Theme-> Open template 'core_front_widgets->announcements

Find

<div class='ipsType_medium ipsType_textBlock ipsType_richText ipsContained' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-type='remove' data-ipsTruncate-size='{{if $orientation == 'vertical'}}6 lines{{else}}2 lines{{endif}}'>

Change the value 'number of lines' at the end code.
I tested 10 - works perfectly

Alright so I know very little about HTML and CSS, but your instructions were quite clear and I changed the "6 lines{{else}2 lines" for "10 lines{{else}10 lines" to try it out and it DID work. HOWEVER, the main thing getting in the way now is that the widget doesn't respect the spacing and paragraphs of my original announcement, it just crunches up the text.

E.g

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

In sollicitudin enim a arcu tincidunt fringilla. Nunc tristique dolor non nulla lobortis, sit amet vehicula mauris volutpat.

Vivamus tristique porttitor quam eget pulvinar.

Ends up looking like this

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sollicitudin enim a arcu tincidunt fringilla. Nunc tristique dolor non nulla lobortis, sit amet vehicula mauris volutpat. Vivamus tristique porttitor quam eget pulvinar. 

I'm thinking the solution might be to use a custom block for just text, instead of using the announcement block (since I only use it on my home page anyway and might also fix links not being clickable).

Thanks a lot for helping me out man, that was really nice of you.

Archived