July 10, 2016 in Technical Problems
What IPB3 old folders that are no longer used by IPS4 can be deleted?
Is it possible also to do a clean up in the DB after upgrading?
This guide by @Woodsman is nice, and I used it when I upgraded.
as for the db. make a backup, then make a test install. compare the two db's and delete what's not there.
My way to cleanup "Uploads" folder:
0. Make backup on your HDD! Download "Uploads" folder
1. Create new "storage method" in System - Files - Storage Settings - Configurations. You can create new Directory as example. I use Amazon S3 for it.
2. Change storage method to new for all stuff in "storage settings" (Attachments, ... , Forum Icons, ...)
3. Wait while all necessary files will be move to new destination
4. Delete all non-moved files
5. Change storage method back again
What about database, maybe some old tables is present after upgrade but they is not so big. Don`t want "broke my head" delete or not Let it live...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started Thursday at 01:08 PM
Started Tuesday at 02:33 AM
Started January 14