Babble: Real Time Chat

CodingJungle

8 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Is this only the EU server or the US also?

it is server independent. what @Kjell Iver Johansen is referring to, the real time counts are still enabled on the EU server (the EU server is a quarter the size of the NA server, and sees about 80% less traffic, so i didn't disable them there, cause it wasn't an issue on that server), however i didn't make it publicly known, cause of how little the EU server actually is, and if it becomes an issue there too, i will have to disable it there as well. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

it is server independent. what @Kjell Iver Johansen is referring to, the real time counts are still enabled on the EU server (the EU server is a quarter the size of the NA server, and sees about 80% less traffic, so i didn't disable them there, cause it wasn't an issue on that server), however i didn't make it publicly known, cause of how little the EU server actually is, and if it becomes an issue there too, i will have to disable it there as well. 

So if I'm using the US server and don't get the cached chat bubble, is there something wrong on my end? I'm using 2.7.4

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 8:03 PM, CodingJungle said:

i just tested it, it doesn't appear to be working, that is what i was trying to get at 🙂. I have it added to the bug list, and will take a look at getting it working this weekend. 

Just following up a few weeks later, have you looked at getting this to work? 

Does the local database hold the count or is it only on your server? 

What is this number in the database? babble_rooms  > rooms_alltime_count

1 hour ago, AlexWebsites said:

Just following up a few weeks later, have you looked at getting this to work? 

Does the local database hold the count or is it only on your server? 

What is this number in the database? babble_rooms  > rooms_alltime_count

it was in the last update, it works with the default menu (MGM needs a tweak done to it, that i haven't release yet), but it should be working on the last release. 

it has to do with the statistics for babble rooms, it stores things like total chat message count. 

10 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

it was in the last update, it works with the default menu (MGM needs a tweak done to it, that i haven't release yet), but it should be working on the last release. 

it has to do with the statistics for babble rooms, it stores things like total chat message count. 

I just updated and it looks like its working! Really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived