Member map - Custom location profile field

Noni

Membermap with the latest 3.1 update "revolutionized" my community. Thank you @Martin A. and @stoo2000

It allows fetching a members location based on a custom profile field. 

On the registration page i am asking my members to enter their location. Many of them use shorcodes instead of actual cities or countries.
Most of the custom fields however have been synchronized because i edited the members custom input to match the city/region they were in.

There are however some badly placed markers.

I believe here we could have a great improvement by adding to the registration page (member profile) a custom location field which autocompletes from google automatically

This field could then be easily placed and synchronized on the member map.

Is there anyone interested in creating this custom field? I would pay for it. @Martin A.? What do you think?

By the way... here's my communities map:
https://www.pro-bike.ro/forums/membermap/

Capture.JPG

i tried that already... but it complicates the registration process a lot.

It actually adds more fields Country, Address, City, Region, Postal code

I was thinking of a more easier way.. an autocomplete field that mathces city and country.

address.JPG

Having this large member database, it would be very useful to create some automation rules. What do you think @Kevin Carwile?

such as:

- if fewer than x members are in a range of x km, let them know they are not alone, they can have company when riding their bikes.

- if a new marker was added near some members, send out a message, email.. Notify the nearby members of the place. In my case, there can be biker friendly places.

• 1 month later...

Archived